Friday, August 15, 2008

Yet Another Swim Day!

After a late night of watching Phelps win his 6th Gold medal and the women take gold and silver in gymnastics I headed to bed rather late. Yet I did manage to wake up at 6:30 am and hit the pool. I stayed pretty consistent for the first 100o meters. The next 500 meters I did some sprinting, which felt great. The final 500 I did in UNDER 10 minutes which for me is a personal best!!! I was able to sprint it out in 7 minutes so now I need to duplicate it tomorrow when I hit the pool yet again. I do not know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to school/work next week. Not to mention the week after that when the pool is CLOSED for an entire WEEK!! (tear...tear...) I guess I'll have to pick up the slack by doing some running and biking. Which will be a nice change. I'm actually curious to see how the new gloves I bought today will do when I ride. My hands seem to go numb when I ride, so I thought I'd try gloves with more padding. I'm off to relax and enjoy this 91+ degree day!!

No comments: