Friday, August 8, 2008

8000 Meters by 8-8-08

I'm feeling very accomplished this week as I completed 8000 meters in the pool by 8-8-08! I must admit it took a lot to get my butt out of bed, but I was fully motivated to complete my goal. I'm thinking the task was a bit more difficult seeing as I biked 17.1 miles last evening. It was a great ride with only 1 near death experience. Basically a miscommunication with my riding buddy. I said "Yellow" and in my head I thought "GUN IT!" and she thought I meant "Stop!" So she stopped and I did my very best to brake, unclip, drag my foot, slide, wobble, and stear myself up onto the curb. I believe my heart was in my stomach or my stomach was in my heart... not too sure just know I was so glad I made it through in one piece. We will be discussioning our lingo for cycling prior to our next ride, for safety reasons:)

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

It's about freakin' time that you post YOUR first comment! I have been waiting forever!