Monday, August 11, 2008

The Swim that went On & On

Ok, so I took 2 days off from working out do to a sore back and some congestion. I'm thinking that 4 days in the pool last week wasn't the brightest decision. Anyhow, I slept most of yesterday. Some said I was "Lazy," but I prefer to think of it an involuntary muscle workout. So last night I forced myself to stay awake and am I glad I did, to watch the US Men's Relay Team win the GOLD! That was awesome. So that was motivation to get my butt up this morning and haul myself off too the pool. The first 1000 meters felt like they took 2 hours to accomplish. I couldn't get my body moving. The final 1000 meters went much better. I decided that sprinting was about the only thing that was going to make my body move and end what seemed like the swim that never ended.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job, J! way to go!