Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swim...Bike...but no Run!

Today was an early start to the day. My friend Stacy and I thought we would do a Tri of our own today. A swim, bike, and run. Well we started off in the pool by 7:15am and swam 1000 meters. I felt pretty good after that. The next step in the plan of attack was to drive to my place and take off on our bikes from here. We mapped a route on mapmyrun.com the other day to Sabin, MN and back. It turns out that it was 23.8 miles round trip, and we did accomplish that in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. We were cruising along and all was fine. We felt bad for the dead racoon on the side of the road, until we smelled it.. YUCK... PEE YOU...!!! Ok so we continued on. At one point we decided to up the speed and just pound it out.. it was great, it was fun, I was flyin...ok ok you caught me Stacy was flyin.. I was drafting:) But on the way back I was totally flyin, actually we both were...then again the wind may have been on our back. But I'm no meterologist so I cannot confirm that. It was a great ride and a slight bumpy ride. As we were riding I thought to myself.."gee we're gonna run after this, na I don't think so that would just be crazy." Just then my friend said, "hey I'm willing to scratch the run??!!" I was like ok sounds like a great idea. So it became a swim, bike, drink water, water, and more water. Overall, it was a great workout. The weather was beautiful (according to Hutch Johnson). Now I'm off to watch the fabulous Olympics and watch Phelps swim again.

1 comment: