Sunday, August 17, 2008

When People Don't Show Up to Work

So I called the YMCA this morning to make sure the pool was open today as well as the time. I arrived at the pool and the lights were off. The doors were locked, and I was was wet. Well I had already put my swimsuit on and showered so I could hope right in the pool. When I went to get it there was another woman waiting too. So we waited, and waited, and waited....finally I ran to look down the hall to see if the lights were on yet. Anther girl was in the hall and asked me about the pool too. She said she would check upstairs. She came back with another swimmer and the information that the lifeguard got her dates mixed up, she was on her way. So we waited again. It wasn't until 11:45am that I finally got to get in the pool. I swam 2000 meters in 44 minutes. Once again I did an endurance swim. It felt great. I came home and proceeded to sit on my couch and drink a smoothie. I think I'm actually ready for the school year to start... I can't believe I said that, but I think I'm beginning to get a little bored. I think I like the idea of having work to do, but in all reality it's going to be A LOT more than I am asking for. This year is going to be a tough one, but I'm going to make it. Well tomorrow is my last day of vacation so I guess my wish for work to do will come true.

No comments: