Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ride for Breast Cancer Awareness

I did it! I'm so very proud of myself and my friend Stacy. We braved the cold and rain to ride 26.1 miles for Breast Cancer Awareness. It was great. I probably looked like an idiot in all my get up but it was so worth it. I had 2 layers, plus softball socks, on my legs, 4 shirts and a fleece vest to keep the upper body warm. Then I thought to myself.. hmmm how will I keep my ears warm when I'm wearing a helmet. So I put on my thinking cap. I came up with cutting off the top of a pair of tights and double layering it over my ears. It worked slick! Now if only I would have put the long tight part on my arms for a second layer there...better luck next time. Now I'm back at home, curled up on the couch, and tucked tight under a blanket.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

I am really thinking it was closer to 28 miles. But that's just my thought...