Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things

So I swam 2000 meters on Sunday and it felt GREAT! The day kind of ended up being mostly a lazy day after that. I ended up watching Nascar...not so sure I think that's a sport yet..even though they say 800 pounds of pressure is on the driver as he makes turns..or something like that. Anyhow, Monday morning I awoke to a tummy ache, an oh my gosh.. trip to the bathroom. Whatever I ate or a touch of the flu bug did not like me...AT ALL. With all that I cancelled my run for the day and since I spent 45 mins visiting the toilet bowl.. I caved in and called in sick to work. I hated doing that but knew if I had to visit the toilet I wanted to visit one that was familar to me. I slept away the day. I felt better by midafternoon and ate some soup. The rest of the day and into Tuesday I just felt hot..& cold, cold & hot. It passed and as of this morning I'm back in the swing of my workouts. I thougth I'd start off easy and do a ride on the upright bike. I did 9 miles. Tomorrow I plan to run and then swim on Friday. I can't wait for the 25 mile ride on Saturday!

2 comments:

Blaine and Steph said...

I wish I swam as much as you do! I hope you are feeling better!

teacherwoman said...

Glad to see you are feeling better!