Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Running OUTSIDE!!!

Well yesterday I got home from work and decided it felt GREAT outside so I was going to take advantage of the weather and go for a run. I was so happy I did. I was able to run 2.04 miles in 28:41...that's a PR!! It was a rather interesting run. It was pretty warm (on the way out), wet, icy..(good thing I walked in one spot..that could have been painful), chilly (on the way back), and friendly. That's the one thing I like about runners is that they wave. It's nice encouragement without speaking. I felt good and so I did over 2 miles. There was one part when I running and a car drove by and the man said, "you look nice." I was kinda like..."freak!...ahhhh." Then I realized, since I had headphones on, he may have "it's beautiful out or it's nice out." Anyhow, I'm not sure exactly what I said...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he said the less freaky deaky one!
So today I went for ANOTHER run outside. I'm totally taking advantage of this weather..I guess there's talk of another blizzard..eck! Shhh I didn't say that..if we don't talk about it it won't happen..right?! I was able to do 1.75 miles today in 25:11 minutes. My knee kind of hurt and today I stepped in a puddle and so my foot was wet and soggy. Plus some lady almost ran me off the road..in fact she did..I had to jump on a snow bank so I didn't get run over! Some people really need to get a CLUE! I'll either be cycling on the upright bike at the gym tomorrow or taking a rest day. I'm struggling with sleeping so I'm catching up in the morning which has worked because then I can run outside. We'll see what happens. Oh and my bike is back from it's tune-up~!!! Give me some good weather and Stacy and I will be OUT on the ROAD!!!

No comments: