Friday, March 6, 2009

People, People, People..Seriously!!!!

So my plan was to go swim at the pool and do:
500 meter freestyle & 100 meter kickboard all 4 times times for a total of 2400 meters. So I got there and saw that the 2nd lane, without the staircase in it that blocks half the lane on one side was available. So I walked down and got a kickboard, when I returned to the other end I set my towel, id, and extra earplugs down. As I turned around there stands this guy at the other end of LANE 2....I was like for real, is he truly taking the lane I was going to take, not to mention, I WAS THERE FIRST! Honestly, have some manners. So, yep you guessed it, I had to take the lane with the stairs. So it wasn't too bad until I finished my second set of 600 when I was at the far end of my lane with the kickboard and I turned around on the wall and there was this lady in my lane. Coming in my direction, on my side of the lane. I was like, for real, is this really truly happening. I looked over to the other lanes...in lane 2 was the guy that stole my lane, then in lanes 3 and 4 were 2 guys. I get the fact that I'm a girl and she's a girl and probably didn't want to share with a guy but seriously, we had the stairs to deal with. So then I got back to the other end, by the stairs, away from the wall which shortened my distance..grrrr. As I turned around she was coming back on the side that didn't have the stairs...as if she was going to take that side of the lane and make, ME, take the side WITH the stairs. I was like oh no you don't lady. You have already attempted to ruin my swim you are NOT taking over my lane too. So she got to me and said, "Hello, how are you." I was like thinking in my brain, "i'm not your friend lady..move out of my way." Did I mention she never even asked to join my lane. I would have been a little less frustrated, but she didn't ask and then appeared to be taking it over. So I politely stated, "we are going to have to swim in a circle....because of the stairs." She was like, "oh...ok" with a look of confusion. I didn't quite get how she didn't seem to comprehend that. Anyway, so she let me go first..once again I lost part of my length/lap. I didn't like that. So we swam that way for about 5 laps or so and then the 2 guys in the other 2 lanes got out. I moved over. I was happy then. I was also suprsied when she swam like 5 or 6 more laps and was done. Huh....anyway...I must say I was polite, but people really do need to have manners in the pool. I finished with 2300 total meters..300 of them were kickboard..man to my legs feel it!

No comments: