Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slackin' On My Blog..Oops!

So I had a GREAT morning swim at the outdoor Island Park Pool. I joined a swim class for four weeks. It was my first day since there was a time/location mess up last week and then I was in Colorado for the 2nd session. I must say I was a bit apprehensive this morning, but once I was in the water and going I felt better. It was a LONG swim workout. I didn't even finish the entire planned workout because I ran out of time. I needed to get my butt up and out of the pool to get to work. I was able to accomplish 2000 meters though. 1000 of which I had that foam thing between my thighs and the plastic things on my hands...yeah I don't really know swim terminology, yet. After I swam with those things on my arms felt like noodles in the water....similar to running after a long bike ride. I look forward to Thursdays session.

So yesterday I had my first day of summer school..it went VERY well. Afterword I met Travis, his sister, and cousin for lunch at good ole Qdoba (it was monday). Then Trav and I hung out at his place. I then brought his bike trainer home with me to log some miles before this Saturday's 32 mile Diabetes Tour de Cure ride. I got all set and realized his trainer wasn't set up for my bike...grrr...Good thing I realized at that point too that my tires needed air. So I called up my friend Stacy and she said I could drive over and get her trainer and tire pump so I did. Note: I left Trav's house in Moorhead at 4pm. Then I got back from driving to her place...got the bike all set up again and started to ride. I was on the bike for about 5 minutes when my rear derailer decided to shift gears on it's own. That bugged me. So I called Scheels and explained and said I had not even used my bike since I had it in there for a tune-up. They said if you bring it in NOW we will fix it up for you..So I unloaded the bike from the trainer and got dressed to go in public and took my bike to Scheels. They did fix it up right away. I got home at 6:25pm...grr grrr. Then I set the bike on the trainer again, made sure it worked and then showered up to head to Travis's soccer game. So that entire bike ordeal took way way way too long and I never even got to ride. Needless to say I will probably be riding tonight.

No comments: