Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good Morning Swim!

I didn't think today was going to start off to well when I had swim team practice at 6am...(I like to leave my place by 5:30am) and I woke up at 5:36am...oops!! Well I got movin pretty fast and made it in the pool by 5 mins to 6. It was a pretty great workout today and it was nice that I didnt' have to rush off to work. I actually stayed in the pool till 7:15. I didn't finish the entire workout, I was kinda bummed.
The workout was:
600 meter freestyle
10x 50 (25 drill/25 free) 50 choice
5 x 200 :30R with "Tarzan" over the middle lines in the pool. We basically had to lift our heads up out of the water for a portion of the swim each direction on the 50 meters.
It wasn't so bad, I actually felt like it did lots for me(how to take in water that is), but definatly good practice for next Saturday's triathlon. I'm super excited, but super nervous too.

Then we finished up with 1000 meters 50 kick/100 free I only did 600 meters of this before it was time to go. Overall 2700 meters logged in the books. This Thursday is the last day of the session, but I plan to sign up for the 2nd session. It's way too much fun to get up at the butt crack of dawn and swim outside and get your butt kicked. That's what we call dedication!

No comments: