Friday, June 26, 2009

Bike Rides and More


Ok so this passed Saturday June 20, 2009 I did the 32 mile Tour de Cure bike ride for Diabetes. It was AWESOME and it only took us 2 hrs 15 minutes. I had so much fun riding and 32 miles didn't feel too bad. Maybe next year I will get ambitious and do the 75 mile ride or just prep and do the 150 mile 2 day MS ride. We'll see. On Monday I went to the gym and did some running and then finally tried out the bikes that are like simulators. That was a lot of fun. I did a 2 mile loop.

On Wednesday my friend Stacy suggested we take our bikes our around 2 ish for a 15 to 20 mile ride. So I loaded up my bike and headed over to her place. We were able to get out and ride before any sprinkles of rain hit us. We had a interesting ride though. We hit a few yellow lights that turned red..OOPS..and then almost had another oppsy at our "favorite" intersection. Stacy tried to unclip her foot to stop and it was stuck...luckily she was able to unclip with her non-dominate right foot and step right. For those of you that don't cycle that's tricky...if you unclip with 1 foot and step with the other you tip over like a tree..trust me I speak from experience! So we got up on the sidewalk, note lots of people were looking at use, they just don't get it. Her shoe clip was loose, good thing I had my tool and she was able to tighten it. We were good to go from there. Overall it was nice 15.2 mile ride.

On Thursday morning I had swim team practice. I realized over halfway there that I had forgot my bad with my goggles, swimcap, and earplugs. NOT GOOD. I figured if I turned around I'd be super late for the practice so I decided to go to the YMCA and grab my old swimcap and goggles from my locker. The only downfall was I did NOT have extra earplugs. I got in and started to swim....my ears hurt so incredible bad. That water touching them and then going inside side killed me. I have been trying to think of ananologie so others can relate, but I have none. I just know it was not good. Plus when I get water in my ears I tend to get sick..not cool. Hopefully this 1 time deal will not hurt me. I was able to overcome the pain and work through my workout. I did 2200 meters..which brings me to 13,500 meters this month..yeah!!!!! Plus I have 1 more swim team session on Tuesday this month..and maybe I will hit the pool Sunday at the YMCA. We'll have to see.

Today is Friday, I'm off to work and I'm considering a rest day. Oh I walked 2.25 miles yesterday too. So yeah...I'm really thinking I will rest today...knowing me I"ll find myself at the gym this afternoon.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

It's a REST day for me too!