Sunday, January 11, 2009

Swim..Bike...Book...Movie...Food...Hockey


Saturday was a very busy day! I woke up at 7am to get ready to meet my friend for a Swim/Bike workout we planned to do ALL week long. On my way to the gym I called my friend and pretended like I wasn't feeling well and not going to make it...she was like, "are you kidding me?!" I didn't last long before I laughed and said, "just kidding..I'm on my way." It was go-to time in the pool...we needed to be out and dressed to get upstairs to get bike cards by 8:45am and we were entering the pool at 5 or 10 after 8 am. All I remember is that we needed to swim fast to get in a decent number or laps. I was able to do 1200 meters in I believe 25 mins... on my second 500m I was planning to do sprints, which would have decreased my time but as I started to sprint I realized my stomach (earlier morning breakfast) wasn't going to agree with my decision. So I stuck with a pretty steady but faster pace. After the swim I got ready for the bike. Now I was a regular spinner up until May 2008 when I bought my road bike and hit the pavement. I did one spin class in June with one of my fav spin instructors (talk about a workout) and was like...hmmm welcome back to spin class.... Then I continued outdoors on my road bike. It wasn't until November or December that my friend and I went back to spin class. There was a different instructor..and that workout was not as intense, but I could tell my endurance on the spin bike was not up to par. Well yesterday my 2nd fav spin instructor was there and can we say WORKOUT...wow.. my body was like, "I so need to get back into this!" Today my body is saying, "perhaps I should have eased my way back into this." I ache pretty much EVERYWHERE. Oh well..it just means I need to get back on the spin bike and pump it out more often.(at least 1x a week). I was able to do 20.5o miles in 60 minutes on the bike. I did most of the standing, but not all of it. My knees have been bothering me..so I didn't want to do too much. I decided I HAD to buy new running to shoes. So last night I stopped into Scheels and I walked right toward the wall with the Brooks Adrenalines. The Scheels employee said, "you look like you're on a mission." I said, "yep..can I get the adrenaline in a 9 please." She said, "sure, do you want the new 9's?!" I saw them and fell instanting into running shoe love..ok not really. I was like, "yes!" So she brought them out and was getting them ready for me to try on. I said, "Oh I don't need to try them on..I get the same shoe everytime." She chuckled and said I was her most difficult customer of the day. I laughed.

Anyway..So I went to coffee after my workout and then my friend and I headed to her house to read. I needed to finish Twilight by 4pm to attend the movie with 2 friends. At 3:15pm I was done with the book and ready to see the movie! After the movie we hit up Space Aliens for dinner and some UND Fighting Sioux Hockey.. they kicked the gophers butts!!!! It was great. So yeah..Saturday was rather busy.. I was like the energizer bunny..I just kept going and going and going...

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

It's been a busy weekend! Way to go on finishing the book so we could see the movie! It was great... and your new kicks are awesome!