Sunday, January 18, 2009

Can One Swim to Death??!!!

Wow..when I thought I would do some serious swimming today I had NO IDEA how serious it was going to be. So my friend Stacy and I hopped in the pool at 11am this morning and my pruney, shrivled up body pulled my self out of the pool and hour and half later. So we decided to switch it up today and do 500 meters of freestyle followed by 100 meters of kickboard..and the plan was to do that 5 times...& WE DID IT. Right at the end thought my friend Stacy suggested we do 200 more meters and we'd have an even 2 mile swim. Well she knows me well enough that I like ending things evenly so whether it would have killed me or not..I was still gonna do it. I did it and when I reached the end of the lane I said, "wow..so this is what heaven looks like?!!" I totally thought my body was going to fall apart. I literally had to SIT in the shower afterward...(I kept my suit on and the curtain closed unlike other people there!)....I couldn't bring my self to stand. I was afraid my legs were going to give out. I really did enjoy the swim and I thank Stacy for pushing me to my max. It made my frenchtoast soooooo much more enjoyable. Tomorrow is suppose to be a running day, we'll see about that.
What my week looks like:
Sunday: Swim 3200 meters (up to 12,500 meters this month!!!)
Monday: Run at least 2 or 2.5 miles
Tuesday: Bike
Wednesday: Swim
Thursday: Run at least 2.5 or more:)
Friday: Swim
Saturday: Bike or Rest day...depends how my night at Hairball goes!

No comments: