Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back At It...Finally!

Well last Friday I was able to hop in the pool and swim 1500 meters, after taking the entire week off due to cold, cough, sore throat, and achy body. It felt nice to do some laps. I think the lifeguards thought I was going to die. So I coughed a lot and 1 of my lungs up...it's all in the name of fitness. Anyway, the rest of the weekend I lied low because I just wasn't feeling well enough to do any biking or running. I also didn't want to spend too much time in the pool with a cold/cough/sore throat either. So yesterday set my 3 alarms to get up for the gym...ummm yeah I slept thru all 3 of them. I must have been tired...so needless to say, No workout yesterday. Today when my alarm went off at 4:45am I popped right up and out of bed. I was on the bike by 5:15am. I did 5.25 miles...man were my legs TIGHT...wow....not good. I decided to run for 10 minutes after the bike...always a nice transition practice. I was able to run right away and did .50 miles. I was proud of me:) Tomorrow I will be meeting my friend to swim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome work Beaner! :) I wish I had the time to do what you do...although I don't think I would EVER swim the lengths that you do. I hate swimming. :P I used to LOVE to run, I ran in the morning and in the evening. I just cannot do that anymore! I'm trying to get into it again though...I know it would be good for the body and the soul! :)
Way to Go! I'm cheering you on!!