Thursday, August 6, 2009

August...So Far!

I do not really feel like I've gotten off to the best start to August, but I'm still working hard. I feel I need to step it up a notch since I have 8 days before my 2nd full outdoor triathlon. On August 15th I will be doing the Detroit Lakes Young Life Triathlon. I'm super excited to compete again, and for Travis to wear his Tri Sherpa Shirt!

So, so far this August I've only ran 2 times at the Y. I've done 3.15 miles. However, on Wednesday I decided to join Travis (he's a exercise/accerlation trainer) and 2 others for a sprint run/workout. Can we say it KICKED MY BUTT. Man was I huffing and puffing...good thing there weren't three little pigs with houses to blow down cause I so could have...even the brick one! As the runs got faster and quicker I did get better..so I can totally see how this could help when doing hills.

SwimTeam...
So I decided to bite the bullit and join swimteam again. I figured I don't work at Sheyenne (40th Ave S) and swim team is at Fargo North(19th Ave N)...except for 1 day so I could suck it up and make the drive all the way up north. It's been GREAT! I did 2500 meters on Tuesday and then 2300 meters in the pool today. I'm still trying to figure out if I can make it next Tuesday..I am doing school registration and I wouldn't allow myself much time to get there. We'll see...

Tomorrow..I'm doing the sprint run with Travis and the others...(maybe)...otherwise I will be downtown at the Y running at 8:15am and then doing a spin call at 9am..no matter what.

No comments: