Thursday, August 13, 2009

Allergies...FlipTurns..& Tri

So Monday night I went to bed with a tickle in my throat...go figure. I woke up with a dry, cracky throat and a NOT-SO-HAPPY-JILL...grrr. This appears to be a theme...when i have an event coming up I get sick/allergies. I would really like this "theme" to END. I worked registration day at my school and my throat, nose, and cough seemed to be getting worse and worse. I called an made a doctors appt. I got in on Wednesday morning. He wasn't sure if I would respond to antibiotics but gave them to me anyway(thank god). I already appear to be feeling better. The sore throat isn't so sore anymore. I did swim team this morning and that actually helped clear up my head a bit. I even learned how to do a flip turn. Kinda fun..makes me a bit dizzy, my plugged head didn't help, but it was worth learning and trying. I kept it kinda easy and light in swim team. I did 2100 slow and easy meters. It felt good...I really needed to loosen up my muscles since I hadn't been in the pool since last Thursday.
I then returned home and my friend Jamie and I went for a quick 1.75 mile run outside. I did so well. I'm really getting good at running. We walked the first 4 minutes and ran the rest...NO STOPPING. I ran that same run Monday night and walked only 2 times and did it in 22 minutes.
So Saturday brings the Young Life Sprint Tri...Stacy & I are getting ready. As long as I feel well it should go well...or she will be dragging me thru! (shhh she doesn't know that yet). I plan to be well! Tomorrow i will be resting...sleeping in too..No alarm tomorrow a.m.

I have also decided that to begin training for the Fargo 1/2 Marathon in 2010. Stacy has a training program for me and I can't wait to start after we rest for a week following the tri this weekend. Next post will be my tri recap!!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Shhh... Stacy doesn't know. LOL.

I will have to show you the training program... I think you will like it! :)