Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Broke 20,000...Sweet!

I'm so incredibly happy I was able to break 20,000 meters in the pool in a month...and counting. This made my day yesterday and continues today. I love it when I can do that...and it's been awhile. I did 2200 meters during swim team practice yesterday. The pool hat hot spots, warm spots and cold spots. It was rather interesting....the air was FREEZING!

Swim Team Workout:
4 x 200 x 20R
#1 Swim
#2 50 kick/50 swim
#3 Pull Bouy
#4 Swim and drill across the lines

Second Board:
12 x 100 x 15R
Odds: swim and drill across the lines
Evens: swim and tarzan (head up out of water) across the lines

3rd Board:
12 x 50 x 10R
Build Choice Kick

I didn't finish board 3..it's very rare I do when I have to get out and get to work.

I've also found that since I've changed my diet(eating habits) and eliminated certain things, I've lost 4 lbs in a little over a week! So I'm super pumped and hope I can keep it up til the Tri on the 15th and beyond. The less weight I have to carry on the swim, bike, run the better! It goes to show cutting out eating after 7pm/8pm really does make a difference as well as watching those nasty carbs..boo carbs (I know they are yummy though).

Well off to a day of work and then a nice 2.25 mile run is on the schedule for today.

No comments: