Sunday, July 19, 2009

1st Group Ride of the Summer

I finally got up and out on a group ride. For once there were more women than men, doesn't happen often. I struggled today on the ride. We decided to do 20 miles and start out into the wind(who's idea was that again...NOT MINE) and I was huffing and puffing. Then to make matters worse we did a hill within the first mile and a half...I stink even more at hills, and then you combine it with wind..=jill is a wimp! I decided I need to practice hills and train WAY more...strength train too. I did better on the way back(ok so the wind was blowing me home). My quads were so tight and my body was still recovering from the tri last weekend. I only did 2 swim workouts totaling 3600 meters, biked 10 miles on the trainer and ran 2.10 miles..so this was really my first truly intense workout using my quads.

Anyway....my goals for the week:

Sunday Bike ride 20 miles
Monday Run 2.25 miles
Tuesday Swim Team 2200 meters (approx) & Strength Training in the afternoon
Wednesay Bike 20 mins...Run 15 mins
Thursday Swim Team 2200 meters (approx)
Friday Run 2.75 miles

Off to visit family for the weekend.

No comments: